So it turns out that people do actually read this blog, and not only that, but one of them – the very, very lovely Smelling the Honeysuckle – has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
While I accept that this is not a “real” award, it is still very nice to receive and I’m not going to be disingenuous and ignore it. I’m going to accept it for what it is – a genuine and heartfelt gesture to let me know that my blog is valued by somebody – and I’m going to embrace it and take part.
The name for the award comes from the German word “Liebster” meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
So, what I need to do:
1. Add the award icon to your blog
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominations to answer
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award
So here goes.
11 Facts about me
– I hate listing things about me
– I once won the “worst dancer in the club” competition and won my weight in beer
– I read quite a lot and John Irving is my favourite author (A Prayer for Owen Meaney is one of my favourite books)
– I run a PR agency and also a Social Media company
– The Kindle is my favourite piece of tech in the last five years – I hate people that pretentiously declare that they love books too much to use a Kindle, I love reading!
– I actually started at university by studying for a social work degree, but changed after a year
– My Grandad was a founder member of the BLDSA (but then you’d know that if you read this blog)
– I used to play centre-half at football and used to love marking the centre-forward out of the game. I didn’t care if we won or lost as long I won that personal battle.
– I love mince pies.
– My wife and I were engaged for just 5 weeks before we got married (in fact we only lived together for 6 weeks before our son was born).
– I LOVE Vancouver and would move there in an instant if it was possible.
11 Questions from Smelling the Honeysuckle
– What sweet/chocolate can you not resist? – I can resist most if I have to (more of a crisps man), but I find it hardest to resist Chocolate Orange.
– Poirot or Marple? – Neither, I’ve never really seen much of either, so I can’t comment.
– Spring Flowers or Autumn leaves? – Autumn leaves every time, Autumn is my favourite season.
– Autobots or Decepticons? – I have genuinely no idea what this means, that probably answers the question.
– Favourite movie? – Not sure I can pick one, but in the list would be Dead Poet’s Society, Stand By Me, Babel, and I’m sure lots more that I can’t think of right now.
– Your happiest memory? – Not sure about a particular moment, but it will involve Vancouver (see above)
– Favourite alcoholic/faux alcoholic tipple? – Strongbow, red wine and Amaretto (not in the same glass!)
– What type of car do you drive? – Nissan Qashqai
– Which is better Christmas or Birthday presents? – I’m genuinely uncomfortable about receiving presents. To me a present should be something that has been give real care and thought, irrespective of price etc.
– Describe your favourite night out. – Good friends, a pub, a great meal with chat, laughter and red wine.
– City or countryside? – Countryside.
What’s your middle name?
Did you have a teddy as a child?
What’s your normal Tuesday routine?
If the moon’s not made of cream cheese, what is it made of?
If this is the question, what is the answer?
Do you like brussel sprouts?
Which is your favourite child?
Have you ever met a giraffe you haven’t fallen in love with?
Where were you happiest?
What’s your greatest personal achievement?
Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this job?
And I’m nominating…
I Swim (and now iTri too!)
Chatter Gets Fit
Triing to Survive
Fit for a year
London Gurl in Vancouver
And I should probably list 11, but I’ll add to this as I go if I can.
6 responses to “And the award goes to… me!”
Aw, thanks for nominating me!!! I will get to it this weekend.
You are one of the first people I’ve talked to that knows what Strongbow is!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Strongbow!!! Yummmy!
I’m glad I’m spreading the Strongbow name to N America. I’ve got a Canadian ex-girlfriend who’s been known to enjoy a pint or two of it too.
Me too! Have got a houseful at the moment but will draft a blogpost in between not getting to the pool or going out for a run :).
have you never heard of Transformers – Robots in Disguise ??? 🙂
Should I have done?
Pingback: I’d Like to Thank the Academy… « triing2survive