I saw a version of this post on the Fit for a year blog and I thought I’d blatantly steal it. As part of the stealing I’ve adapted it as well as the original post was about running.
Anyway, here are 10 questions and answers about swimming:
- What was your most memorable swim? Although in many ways it should be Windermere it’s actually Coniston earlier in the season. That was the swim that made me realise that I could do this and it persuaded me to enter the Windermere swim.
- Three words that describe my swimming. Slow, steady, surprising.
- What swimming kit do you use? Trunks, a hat and some goggles. That’s it. And certainly no wetsuit.
- Do you have any quirky habits while swimming? Not that I know of, but outside observers may say more about this. I’m always surprised at just how blank my mind goes as I plod along.
- When do you swim, morning, midday or evening? The training lake is only open Saturday and Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, so that determines a lot. If I go to the pool, then mainly evenings.
- Does the weather stop you swimming? I’ve stopped the open-water swimming for now (although they are thinking of setting up some winter swims at the training lake so I’m looking forward to those – and I’ll probably wear a wetsuit for them!) Of course the weather doesn’t affect pool swimming!
- Have you had a swimming injury? While swimming Bala my shoulders were very, very painful. However since then I did quite a lot of upper body strength work. You may not see the difference, but it made a big difference to my shoulders while swimming.
- I felt most like a badass swimmer when … to be honest I’m still not sure that I do, but completing Windermere felt pretty good. It’s mainly the fact that so few people have done it.
- My next race is … not sure yet, I need to work out my plans for next year and events have stopped for this year.
- Swimming goals for 2013. To work on my speed. A lot of that will come from strength work and improving technique, so those two are important too. I want to beat my times for Bala and Coniston and maybe attempt Ullswater – but I’m not sure I’ll do Windermere next year.
So that’s me. What about you?